In support of public health initiatives to keep you safe, all airport visitors, passengers, and staff are required to wear a face mask while at the airport. A face mask is required in the
Executive Order on Promoting COVID-19 Safety in
Domestic and International Travel and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention Order: Requirement for
Persons to Wear Masks While on Conveyances and at Transportation Hubs. Refusal to wear a face mask may result in penalties under federal law.
For questions on which masks are acceptable, read the CDC's Guide to Masks.
What We're Doing
We want to ensure all passengers and airport visitors that we are proactively working to reduce the potential risk of exposure within our facilities. Our janitorial staff have always made cleanliness a priority and will
continue to complete thorough cleanings, as well as more frequent attention to heavy touch points. Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority is staying connected to state and federal partners as they monitor the virus and will
update this page as changes happen. Our Stay Healthy, Fly Safe initiative includes the following safety measures:
- Thorough cleaning of high touchpoint surfaces within the Gateway Aviation Center.
- Plexiglass barriers at the customer serivce counter.
- Gateway Aviation Services has achieved the NATA Safety 1st Clean rating
- Hand sanitizer at the customer service counter and restrooms.
- Following Federal, County, and City direction on wearing masks while at the airport.
What You Need to Know
If you have an upcoming flight in or out of Gateway Aviation Services or are picking up or dropping off family or friends, please note the following:
- Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on the airport and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry. Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of federal law;
individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law.
- Don't enter the Gateway Aviation Center unless you are a pilot or passenger. When picking up family and friends, park in the lot and wait until your passengers arrive and remain outside to greet them.
- Please ensure you have an advanced reservation for a rental car. If you need assistance with a reservation, please call us at